Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fruit Fetish

I'm busy making some new stuff for the shop. Okay, not really. I'm busy thinking about making some new stuff for the shop when in reality I've hit a crafting block. Have no fear, I shall overcome.

In the meantime I've listed some vintage items in the shop and quite frankly I'm surprised they haven't sold yet because these are some high quality items - if you have a thing for fruit.
I mean, check out these fabulous vintage patterns!
Do you have a strong and unhealthy desire to be the next member of the Fruit of the Loom spokesperson group? This pattern could be your first step in the right direction. They've already got the grapes so that's out - but consider the watermelon or the strawberry! You'd be a shoe-in. What about the tomato? I mean they allow that leaf guy in there, why not a tomato. Sure some people consider it a vegetable but botanically speaking it is classified as a fruit.
My favorite though has got to be this 1988 California Raisin pattern. This thing just screams class.

You know I've had this pattern for quite some time (it wasn't mine originally I found it at a sale) and it took a lot of willpower for me to finally give it up. I used to have the little raisin figurines and all that jazz and this costume pattern brought back a lot of memories. Strange but wonderful 80's memories.
I debated this past Halloween on making my own raisin costume from this pattern, but in the end decided that even dressing as a dehydrated fruit would probably still make my ass look big.

No comments: