Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Joys of the Season

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday. I got some much needed time off and I happily spent it doing absolutely nothing. It was wonderful.

However, since I did absolutely nothing but revel in the joys of the holidays, I don't really have anything craft related to share with you today. But I didn't want to leave you hanging so I thought I'd show you one of the gifts I recieved this year. An Edward Cullen figurine:

As you may recall, I kind of have a small obsession and my husband indulged that obsession by putting this little guy in my stocking this year.


About three things I was absolutely positive. First, Edward's/Robert's hotness doesn't translate perfectly into plastic. Second, there was a part of me, and I wasnt' sure how embarassed I was of it, that was really excited about owning this figurine. And third, that I would absolutely and irrevocably keep this thing forever no matter how sad and pathetic it might make me.

I kept him on my desk at home during the holidays but I found that he drew quite a crowd. I tried to tell the princesses that Edward didn't like blondes, or seafood but they wouldn't listen. I thought Belle might have a chance being a brunette and all but she was just there to ask if Jacob was around. It seems she's got a thing for guys with fur.
So that I would have his full attention, I took him into work and put him on my desk next to my filing cabinet and I've been composing poems for him all week with my magnetic poetry set.

3 comments:

carebear said...

If this were facebook, I would definitely be clicking the 'Like' button. =)

Kathy and Bobber-Wobbers said...

If you were in Sacramento, I would invite you over for a stamping/Twilight day - you would fit right into our group. Congrats on getting (an) Edward and glad you're keeping those pesky princesses away - they're such a bother...!!! P.S. I'm sure Edward is diggining the magnetic poetry too.

Pin and Paper said...

He loves my poems. I'm running out of options though. I'm working with a beginner set of magnetic poetry and then a cat lover's set and well it's difficult to compose something beautiful and haunting for Edward with the words 'litter' and 'kitten'. However, I'm making good use of words like 'pounce', 'purr', and 'tongue'. I see someone is selling a Twilight magnetic poetry set on Etsy. I might have to get it.